Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- Information We May Collect From You
- Information we collect about you and your device.
- How We May Use The Information Collected From You
- Information Security
- To Whom Will Your Information Be Disclosed?
- Your Rights Of Access and Correction In Relation To Your Personal Information
- Where We Store And Process Your Information
- Use Of Your Personal Information Submitted To Other Websites or Apps
- Data Retention
- How to Contact Us
- Updates to your data
1. Information We May Collect From You
1.1 We collect the information you give us (“Submitted Information”). This may include “personal information” which is information about you as an identifiable individual, such as your name and contact information. We may also collect information that does not identify you, such as information about your broadband internet performance, if you choose to participate in our Measuring Broadband Canada Program. If you participate in this program, we also collect:
a) Your name
b) Your address and email address
c) Your IP address
d) Your telephone number
e) Your username, password
2. Information we collect about you and your device
2.1 Each time you visit our Website or use our App we may automatically collect the following information:
2.2 Technical information including:
- The type of computer you use and your IP address;
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to traffi c data, weblogs and other communication data (""Log Information"").
- Location information.
- Time of data collection. We record the times when we perform measurements of your fixed broadband performance. Some measurements function by recording a start and end time.
- Information we receive from other sources (""Third Party Information""). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, the communication operators, business partners, sub-contractors or public bodies in relation to our broadband measurement services. When required by applicable law, we will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
2.3 We may check some of the information that you provide against third party databases to confirm that it is accurate.
2.4 We have no access to your credit or debit card details, but we may have access to your billing address and payment history in order to assist with customer service enquiries. Under no circumstances are these details disclosed to any third parties other than those who need to know this information for the performance of the services requested by you.
3. How We May Use The Information Collected From You
3.1 We may process this information for the purposes set out in this section:
- Providing and personalising our products or services;
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Providing you access to all parts or features of our services or the Website;
- Notifying you about changes to our services;
- Improving and developing our services or the Website;
- Ensuring that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- Dealing with your inquiries and requests, including contacting you where necessary;
- Administering registration records
- Contacting you for your views on our services and notifying you occasionally about important changes or developments to our services or the Website;
- Carrying out market research campaigns.
3.2 We may also gather this information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring the usage of the App or the Website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties such as the communication operators. For instance, we will collect aggregated data (i.e. aggregated statistics that describe broadband performance) about the performance of your broadband connection and share it with third parties (for example, we may provide aggregated information to a communication operator about the internet broadband performance of 1,000 broadband connections). These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
3.3 You may ask us to provide you with information about our services or services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organisations by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com or writing to us at the following address: 135 Park Street, London, SE1 9EA, United Kingdom.
4. Information Security
4.2 Where you have been allocated a user admin area (an "Account"), this area is protected by your user name and password, which you should never divulge to anyone else. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
4.3 Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet.
4.4 We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
4.6 All of our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our users’ information.
4.7 Certain services we offer may include social networking, chat room or forum features. When using these features please ensure that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users. If you post your information on a public social network, chat room or forum, we are unable to control how other users may access or use it, and are not responsible for their actions. We recommend you use caution when choosing to publish your personal information.
5. To Whom Will Your Information Be Disclosed?
a) If we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property;
b) If we merge with or are acquired by a third party or should any such transaction be proposed, the information we hold may be one of the assets disclosed as part of the transaction.
5.2 If you choose to participate in our Measuring Broadband Canada Program, we may share some of your personal information with your internet service provider, (ISP), and request information about you from your ISP so that they may confirm your service tiers and other information relevant to the program.
6. Your Rights Of Access and Correction In Relation To Your Personal Information
6.1 You can write to us at any time to obtain a copy of your personal information and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Where appropriate under the applicable law, you may have your personal information erased, rectified, amended or completed. Please write to: 135 Park Street, London, SE1 9EA, United Kingdom with your request.
6.2 Please include your name and address in your access or rectification request. We should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the personal information of which you would like a copy or which you would like to be corrected (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
6.3 We will require proof of your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
6.4 We may charge a reasonable fee from you when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or repetitive or we receive a request to provide further copies of the same information.
8. Where We Store And Process Your Information
9.3 In the event the purposes for processing personal information change, then we will contact you as soon as practicable and seek your consent where such notification relates to a new additional purpose for processing which is not compatible or similar to the originally specified purposes.
10. Use Of Your Personal Information Submitted To Other Websites or Apps
10.1 We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other apps or websites even if you accessed the third party app using links from our App or by means of our services.
10.2 We recommend that you check the policy of each app or website you visit and contact the owner or operator of such app if you have concerns or questions.
11. Data Retention
12.1 We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of requesting we delete this information.
13. How to Contact Us
13.1 If you would like to let us know about something we have done, or failed to do, whether positive or negative, or you have other questions about our processing of personal information, please let us know. Your comments enable us as an organisation to learn and continuously improve our services.
13.2 You may contact Neil Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Updates to your data
14.1 If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us at email@example.com.